drank Pot O' Gold by 52teas

I debated on whether or not I needed to get this for a few days, and finally succumbed to the siren call of 52teas unique blends and free shipping… I was wondering if it would really taste like scotch (the drink) but ultimately figured it was meant to be more of a dessert tea.

It arrived today and opening up the package I have to say: Nom! The aroma of this blend is totally intoxicating. Totally sweet and butterscotchy , just a tad bit boozy and delectable…

I was so excited (like the total tea dork that I am) to try this!

I steeped my cuppa for about 3 minutes at 208 F. This is not a tea I would drink plain so I added some soymilk and then upon tasting, felt that it needed a bit of turbinado sugar to really bring the flavor forward. This is a lot more subtle than I thought it would be. By the way the steeped tea smells yummy. I might try a resteep at a slightly lower temp to see what that does to the flavor. I also might be tempted to toss a shot of bourbon in here… hee hee.

If you’re looking for a tea you can drink plain this might not be it, but I’m already wondering if I should grab more before this is gone. :)

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around