drank Exotic Pear by Butiki Teas

yum… exotic pear.
It took me a while to decide if I wanted to try this tea from Butiki but now I’m glad I did. I believe I’ve had a few pear green/black teas but no pear white teas aside from the Celestial Seasonings brand. Overall I find pear flavors are tricky to get well into tea, or at least the ones I have had are not exceedingly well done.

I did steep this for 3 minutes at 180 F along with some of the yellow flowers that came in the bag. The pear flavor is pronounced but not overdone or too sweet. Reminds me a lot of a barlett pear. Star anise is an interesting choice to blend with the pear and the floral element of this white tea, but of course I like anise in all its forms. The blend is smooth and delicate but still quite flavorful. I quite enjoyed this!

ashmanra

There is an Asian Pear blend at Tin Roof Teas that smells wonderful! I almost bought it. It is black tea, though.

TeaBrat

maybe you can get a sample. :)

ashmanra

I could have them make a cup for me! The smallest amount they sell of anything o’s 100 grams, but I just found out last week that you can buy 50 gram samplers. They ask that you buy at least four of them, though.

Comments

ashmanra

TeaBrat

maybe you can get a sample. :)

ashmanra

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around