drank Royal Golden Safari by Butiki Teas

This sample was provided by Butiki in my last order – thanks for the sample. :)

These leaves are so long and slender with beautiful brown and golden colors. My wet leaves smell slightly sweet of cocoa and malt! I don’t believe I’ve had a kenyan tea before so I’m a bit excited.

This was steeped via regular infusion mug method and is quite surprising. The color is a dark orange and the flavor is yummy, like roasted sweet potatoes or carrots – it reminds me of a golden monkey type of tea. I am also getting a lot of walnut in the cup and a tiny touch of oak. The fruity aroma of this tea reminds me slightly of a darjeeling and the flavor is very clean with a rich mouthfeel. Ahhhhh

Normally with black tea I’m tempted to dump soymilk in, but this is delicious plain. This would be a great afternoon tea – Super relaxing. I really enjoyed this!

ScottTeaMan

Sounds awesome……

Comments

ScottTeaMan

Sounds awesome……

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around