drank Ginger Peach by The Republic of Tea

Another sample from the SF International Tea Festival. I do recall I had this one before at a Panera Bread and I thought it was ok.

One major beef I have with RoT is that their teabags often make a very weak tea so you end up having to use two and this makes it a lot more expensive. I did steep this guy in another mug for 12 oz water for abut 4 minutes and it got sufficiently dark. I do like peach things, and ginger as well. I believe this is a ceylon tea. This isn’t too bad, the flavor is light and pretty juicy. The ginger provides a nice contrast but isn’t too strong in my opinion. My only issue is the slightly weird aftertaste, I am getting, perhaps it’s the paper from the teabag… You do get spoiled rather quickly drinking loose leaf teas!

Anyway this tea is fairly pleasant, I suspect as an iced tea it would be be even better. I do not feel the need to buy any but might pick some up again when I find myself near a Panera.

K S

RoT and Stash are far too expensive for no more tea than they put in the bags. Most don’t taste too bad for what theye are but I don’t want a little girl cup of tea. I want a man mug!

TeaBrat

totally agree!

ScottTeaMan

I did like this one iced, but without buying more to review it, I think I’d give it a 70-75. Not much higher and definitely not stellar to say the least.

Stash teabas are expensive, but I do like their unigue bagged teas, and I almost always get their loose teas.

MsWhatsit

Ah, you noticed the aftertaste as well.

Comments

K S

TeaBrat

totally agree!

ScottTeaMan

MsWhatsit

Ah, you noticed the aftertaste as well.

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around