drank Genmai Cha by Yamamotoyama

Experience of going to Japantown where I got this tea can be found in my blog, here: http://sanfrantea.teatra.de/2012/05/12/on-a-quest-for-tea-in-japantown/

This genmaicha has more toasted rice than some other brands I have, but I really don’t mind. I got the loose leaf version and it was certainly reasonably priced at $5.00 a bag. I think the green tea here is a bancha. Genmaicha was one of the first Japanese teas I really got into. This has a lovely popcorn aroma and a nice nutty flavor with only a trace of bitterness. A great tea to pair with food, or for the evening time when you don’t want a lot of caffeine.

A very good, every day genmaicha!

Bonnie

Loved looking at Japantown. Have not been there in ages! Always looked like a ghost town in some ways…or a prop for taking photos. Glad to see you shopping there, will give me some ideas for when I visit my son next time!

TeaBrat

It is definitely a fun place to go shopping..
In any case I try to go there sometimes in hopes they will stay afloat

ScottTeaMan

I would <3 to shop in Japantown. Are times really that tough in Japantown Amy?

TeaBrat

Maybe I shouldn’t have made it sound so pathetic? :)

Bonnie

It’s kinda out of the way from where people usually gather…looks like big blocks of cement. Or like cement ice cubes stacked around with a huge space pagoda. As I remember every time I’ve driven past it anyway. I’ve only been there a couple of times on foot.

ScottTeaMan

Amy, I hope you don’t mind, but Paul Gilbert is one of my favorite guitarists, his wife Emi is Japanese. She actually has a few vids on YouTube-one of which is a piano piece she wrote after the Catastrophe in Japan last year:

The Japanese people love’ em. Here’s one of my favorite Mr Big tunes sort of relating to your blog:

All that 80’s hair…hahaha….awesome. :))

ScottTeaMan

Not pathetic and you looked like you were having a good time.

ScottTeaMan

Oh, and I do like this tea, but I had the teabags.

Cheryl

Another great job … keep em coming : )

Cheryl

p.s. Because of your name, I was (mistakenly) under the impression that you were Asian (Sandra Oh). Not to mention your love of tea. Always nice to put a face with a name though (and proves I suck at online impressions, lol).

TeaBrat

No, not Asian. :) Basically it’s a pseudonym of sorts…

ScottTeaMan

Pseudonyms can be so mysterious. WHAA! You look Asian to me!

Comments

Bonnie

TeaBrat

It is definitely a fun place to go shopping..
In any case I try to go there sometimes in hopes they will stay afloat

ScottTeaMan

I would <3 to shop in Japantown. Are times really that tough in Japantown Amy?

TeaBrat

Maybe I shouldn’t have made it sound so pathetic? :)

ScottTeaMan

All that 80’s hair…hahaha….awesome. :))

ScottTeaMan

Not pathetic and you looked like you were having a good time.

ScottTeaMan

Oh, and I do like this tea, but I had the teabags.

Cheryl

Another great job … keep em coming : )

TeaBrat

No, not Asian. :) Basically it’s a pseudonym of sorts…

ScottTeaMan

Pseudonyms can be so mysterious. WHAA! You look Asian to me!

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around