drank Mayan Chocolate Chai by 52teas

Thanks to Krystalen for this awesome sample!

I’ve been curious about this for a long time, I like spicy things and for whatever weird reason cayenne pepper does not seem to hurt my stomach. And this just sounded so good. I’ve been known to add ginger and a touch of cayenne pepper to my rooibos.

I steeped it in an infuser mug for 5 minutes – definitely knew I would need soymilk so I went ahead and added some.

Wow – this is good! Yummy, even. It really reminds me of a spicy hot chocolate. The cayenne is very prominent, so if you can’t take the heat I would not even try going here! I’m also getting a fair amount of ginger in this cup. What a yummy tea for the cold and foggy weather (which is just about every day, here). The cardamom and the pepper are a little more faint but they are definitely in here. I can see how this is either a “I love it” or “I hate it” kinda thing but I’m loving it so far. And – these spices are good for your health.

I think I will need some the next time I place an order with 52 teas!

Missy

I knew a man who had ulcers bad enough he was looking at an operation. He started taking cayenne pepper every morning and with in 3 months his ulcers were better, enough so he no longer required an operation.

TeaBrat

very interesting!

Missy

It’s also good to keep your toes warm. ;)

Kittenna

Glad you liked it! So delicious :D

Comments

Missy

TeaBrat

very interesting!

Missy

It’s also good to keep your toes warm. ;)

Kittenna

Glad you liked it! So delicious :D

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around