drank White Butterfly by Teaopia

Thanks to Indigobloom for sending me a surprise envelope full of samples! We had talked about swapping a while ago but I didn’t know one was coming. Very sweet.

This is a nice white tea full of curly leaves. My first impression when I smelled the leaves was that of a sweet honeydew melon with a few very light vegetal notes.

The tea liquor is a light yellow. I tend to steep my whites at a lower temp than some people, which I find helps to preserve a delicate flavor. The flavor of the cup is melon-y, but there is also a nuttiness present that’s really nice and a bit like a dragonwell. This isn’t as sweet as some white teas I’ve had but I don’t believe I’ve ever had this particular type of tea before. Not my favorite white tea ever but definitely light and elegant. I need to try drinking more white teas in the afternoon since they’re lower in caffeine.

Thanks for much to IB for the sample! It’s always fun trying new teas. :D

CHAroma

Those leaves look awesome! Very unique.

Comments

CHAroma

Those leaves look awesome! Very unique.

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around