drank China Lychee by Upton Tea Imports

Breakfast this morning is a fruit salad and I was looking for a tea to drink with it, this seemed like a likely culprit. Got the sample a while ago from Upton for $1.

I like the black tea base here, not sure what it is, maybe a congou? It seems very smooth to me but the lychee flavor is quite strong. I’ve had a few lychees in my lifetime, but can’t say they fall into the category of my favorite fruit. This is a lot sweeter than I thought it would be with a bit of muskiness. It’s a little too much for the morning, I think this would be a much better dessert tea. Overall not bad. It seems I liked this more than some of the other tasters did but probably won’t need any more. I do like the rose congou from Upton quite a lot.

Someone else mentioned trying it as a cold brewed iced tea so I think I will have to do that with the rest of mine. :)

ScottTeaMan

It does taste like a Congou base which I think is perfect for the Lychee.

Comments

ScottTeaMan

It does taste like a Congou base which I think is perfect for the Lychee.

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around