drank Yi Xing Hong Cha by jing tea shop

This is another tea I got in the red tea sample pack from Jing Teas. I also wanted to mention that their customer service people were very nice; all of my e-mails with questions abut shipping and status were answered in less than 12 hours.

I am delighted when smelling the dry leaf that it has a definite aroma of chocolate covered cherries!

I steeped this in the infuser mug for around 2 minutes and got a medium reddish-brown liquor. This tea is mild with somewhat of a nutty and date flavor, a little bit of malt. It has a lovely lingering aftertaste of caramel on the palette, and no bitterness, but there is something slightly spicy in the finish. I think I liked yesterday’s selection a bit more (Ying De Hong Cha) but this is still very good! Someday I will need to try gong fu’ing these samples.

I am spoiling myself with these lovely black teas I’ve been drinking lately, but don’t I deserve the very finest flown in from Hong Kong? Mwa ha ha!

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around