drank Organic Guranse by Butiki Teas

Thanks to Mercuryhime for this sample! I was a little confused as to what a Guranse was until I read Bonnie’s tasting note a few days ago and then I knew I needed to try it. Teas from Nepal and Darjeeling are among my favorites!

I steeped this for 3 minutes in my tetsubin — I still haven’t found anything to replace the glass teapot I broke. One thing you can say for cast iron is it’s very durable and will stand up to a spaz like me.

I’m getting a medium orange liquor which is very mellow and smooth. I can definitely sense the malt and a hint of tobacco but there is a delightful fruitiness present as well, lots of peaches! The flavor is mostly sweet with a tiny bit of astringency at the end, but nothing too bothersome. I’m sipping on this plain and it’s yummy, but it could also accommodate a pinch of sugar, if you prefer. I think milk would ruin the delicate flavor here.

I certainly wouldn’t mind having this tea around but I have quite a backlog from the region already. :)

Bonnie

Yes a little sweet enhances the peach ..and yes to the no milk. I didn’t get astringency.Maybe I steeped shorter.

ScottTeaMan

Spaz…….:D

Bonnie

Not nice Scott cuz as soon as you say spaz….you’re gonna break 2 things yourself! (Thats the way it works!) Hahaha!

Comments

Bonnie

ScottTeaMan

Spaz…….:D

Bonnie

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around