drank Shiki Matcha Powder by Maeda-en

I got this at the Japanese grocery store a few weeks ago, I am planning to do a blog post on Matcha soon because I have a really nice matcha bowl now. This particular brand of matcha I got more for blending into smoothies in the morning. Today I’m having it with blended with banana, pineapple and hemp seeds and it’s terrific! I have a Blendtec and I use it a few times a week for an easy breakfast or dinner. I will wait to give it a numerical rating until I’ve had the chance to try it plain.

Iced 0 min, 30 sec
ScottTeaMan

Amy, does the Matcha come through all those wonderful fruit flavors? I haven’t had too much Matcha, but I do enjoy it; although, sometimes it can be a little bitter, & it can be….what’s the word…chalky?? I’m not sure that’s the word I mean.

The last couple weeks, I’ve been having a small bowl of oatmeal and/or fruit smoothies with a combination of different fruits. That fills me up.

Maybe I’ll throw some matcha in-that sounds good!! What is your ratio of matcha to fruit??

TeaBrat

Scott,
I probably throw in 2 teaspoons of matcha in a 16 oz. fruit smoothie. The flavor does come through! I agree sometimes matcha is bitter and chalky but when you blend it, that problem goes away… lol. Pineapple and banana is great, the matcha is also good with berries.

ScottTeaMan

Sounds delicious to me. :))

Comments

ScottTeaMan

TeaBrat

Scott,

ScottTeaMan

Sounds delicious to me. :))

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around