Thanks so much to Stacy at Butiki teas for sending me this sample…

I think I let this steep for too long by accident and my tea is MUCH darker than the one in the picture. This is interesting, it tastes kinda spicy, peppery almost! I do like lemon a lot and that element is very nice here. I’m going to hold off on rating it until I’m able to steep it properly, I did mess up this cup unfortunately!

Butiki Teas

Amy oh-In a mug this guayusa is much darker. That cup in the picture is only 5oz I think and it is really wide so the coloring tends to look much lighter than if served in a mug.

TeaBrat

Is it supposed to taste peppery?

Butiki Teas

Hmmm, not peppery, no. It has a lemony-creamy flavor. The creaminess would be more apparent with sugar. The meyer lemon rind might be slightly biting, which I call zesty and tart. Maybe that’s the peppery?

Comments

Butiki Teas

TeaBrat

Is it supposed to taste peppery?

Butiki Teas

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around