drank Organic Sencha by Mighty Leaf Tea

I am visiting my parents for the first time since last Christmas and I found out that my Dad has barely touched the green tea set I got him last year, in fact this bag of sencha was not even opened. I’m not annoyed, but will probably get him something other than tea for the next holiday. ;-)

I steeped it in a very coarse way, water heated up in the microwave and I don’t know what temperature it was. So, I don’t really feel like I made it well enough to actually assign a rating to it.

The leaves are a bit thicker and coarser than many other senchas I have tried, which makes me wonder if this is some kind of a late harvest sencha. The flavor was very mild, vegetal and slightly more sweet than bitter. I was able to get two steeps out of it.

Overall, nothing amazing but drinkable. Due to the very warm weather I don’t anticipate drinking a lot of hot tea this week, but I have scoped out a tea house in Washington DC I want to pay a visit to.

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around