drank Totem by Capital Teas

I’m back from the East Coast and have a serious case of jet lag – somehow east to west always seems worse. I also got to sit next to a hyperactive 3 year old who was kicking me for 6 hours. I do have sympathy for parents who have to travel with small children but if some airline develops a child free section you can guarantee I will be on it. :)

Anyway this is part of the recent haul from Capital teas. I got some teas for my birthday which was on Thursday… because I just don’t have enough tea, right? :)

I picked out most of my stuff by smell and I ended up with a lot of fruity things. I wish I had realized this had hibiscus in it before I bought it. After I steeped it up my first impression was it was just kind of sour and tart. I ended up putting it over ice which I liked a lot better than the hot version. I think diluting it with ice seems to have been tempered the sourness. As you can imagine, it’s a very fruity and slightly herbaly flavor from the mate and the fruit. It’s difficult to taste much green tea in here, but I hope it will give me an energy boost and perhaps cure this headache I have going.

TheTeaFairy

Happy Bday, hope the jet lag goes away!

ashmanra

Happy birthday! Enjoy your new teas!

Azzrian

Have a wonderful Bday!!

Thanks guys!

Indigobloom

Happy Birthday!! <8-D

Scott B

Happy belated birthday! Did you try that new tea that they are comparing to Bigelow’s Constant Comment?

Scott, I don’t think I got that

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Happy Bday, hope the jet lag goes away!

ashmanra

Happy birthday! Enjoy your new teas!

Azzrian

Have a wonderful Bday!!

Thanks guys!

Indigobloom

Happy Birthday!! <8-D

Scott B

Scott, I don’t think I got that

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around