drank Maple Pecan Oolong by Butiki Teas

My new teas from Butiki arrived today and I wanted to try this first. It smells so incredible in the bag. After I put my tea in the water I could see these dark twisted leaves and a few pecan pieces.

I steeped it for four minutes at around 180F. The flavoring here is mild and not overwhelming at all. I am picking up on both the maple and pecan flavors and the dark oolong is a nice base for these. Sometimes dessert teas can be a bit sickening or cloying, but I am not finding that here. I like that this is not “fakey”. Definitely nutty, with a bit of fruit in the finish.

I decided to add a bit of turbinado sugar and that brought the maple forth a lot more. This was a pleasant surprise and really enjoyable. I will have no problem finishing off the bag.

Bonnie

Ditto! Good stuff!

TeaBrat

I think I will need to try this with soymilk too! It’s good…

Comments

Bonnie

Ditto! Good stuff!

TeaBrat

I think I will need to try this with soymilk too! It’s good…

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around