drank Coconut Cacao Puerh by Art of Tea

Art of Tea was having a free shipping special so I decided to indulge. I like the fact that the sample size teas all come in these cute adorable tins, about enough for 5-7 cups of tea. I haven’t been buying a lot of new teas lately, I have so many already so this was my big splurge for the month.

I decided to try this one first because I love coconut and I also love puerh! Most flavored puerhs leave me kind of nonplussed, so I had some reservations about this one. The aroma of the wet leaf is a bit funky, it reminds me of barnyard mixed with tropical air freshener.

Thankfully the flavor of it is a lot better than the smell. It’s an earthy shu with a prominent hazelnut and coconut taste. This is quite pleasant to sip on plain, but I admit I liked it better after adding some plain soymilk. That made it more creamy and dessert-like. This would also be fab with some coconut milk, huh? I might try a slightly longer steep next time because I found the consistency of it to be a bit “thin” even though I used about 2 tsps. of tea for an 8 oz. mug of water. Probably won’t rush out to buy any more of this, but will finish off the little tin I have. :)

Babble

Did you get your Art of Tea order already??? When did you place it? Mine hasn’t even shipped. I’m getting worried.

Comments

Babble

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around