Another sample tea from Nepali Tea Traders. Drinking tea this morning while my laundry is getting done although it looks like a beautiful day and I hope to get out and enjoy some of it after the chores are done.

Compared to yesterday’s tea, the leaves are much smaller and fine. I managed to follow instructions and let the boiling water cool for one minute and then steeped this for three minutes. I am rather impressed with the results. It’s difficult for me to drink a lot of black teas plain but this is very smooth without much bitterness or astringency. It has a slight cocoa flavor/aroma and is very smooth. I agree with Joshua that in some ways it is reminiscent of a darjeeling due to the stone fruit flavors but without that darjeeling “bite” that you can sometimes find in a second flush. It has the smoothness of a Chinese tea which is really interesting.

To me this is delightful and I will definitely consider picking up the larger size.