Cup of the late morning. I’m trying to finish off last year’s darjeeling samples before I start digging into the new ones I got from Upton (may not be possible).

After steeping I pulled the brew basket out of the cup and am amazed at how green the leaves still are. I really think ff darjeelings are in a class of their own.

It’s been a while since I tried this last. The light yellowish cup is very aromatic and reminds me a lot of flowers. I still don’t get evergreen from this but there’s a slight nuttiness and a lovely fruit essence in my opinion. This is sure a tasty cup of tea! See previous notes for last year’s impressions if interested…

Doug F

I still have some of this from last year and I’m amazed at how well it held its flavor.

TeaBrat

Sadly I have so much ff darjeeling from 2012 so I hope it lasts for a while. :)

Doug F

I don’t know how you keep so much tea stockpiled. I’m always stressed about drinking all my tea before it fades and you probably have way more than I!

TeaBrat

Yeah I have a lot… I actually have slowed down my buying immensely over last year and now I’m buying mostly samples and small sizes so I can focus on depleting the cupboard. :)

Comments

Doug F

TeaBrat

Sadly I have so much ff darjeeling from 2012 so I hope it lasts for a while. :)

TeaBrat

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around