drank Ruby Pie by Butiki Teas

This came in my last order from Butiki and the first time I tried it I added soymilk to it, which I do NOT recommend because it has hibiscus in it and that will make your milk or plant milk curdle (ewwww).

Anyway I knew I had to retry it before I could review it. The dry leaf smells very fruity and a bit tart.

The cup is very red after it’s brewed. Now, normally I loathe hibiscus so I probably wouldn’t have purchased this had I realized it was in there. IMO the tea is pretty tart and adding a packet of turbinado sugar definitely helped. I am getting a lot of strawberry and the tea smells like pie but I don’t get a lot of pie flavor, vanilla or even black tea. I think the hibiscus just overpowers everything.

This isn’t bad, I just think it isn’t really for me. If someone wants to swap for it I will consider any and all offers. :)

vanilla?

sorry to hear you didn’t like it. there was a great debate about the hibiscus, and i know we put as little in as possible to give it that rhubarb-y tartness heh

TeaBrat

In the description it says there’s vanilla flavor? Anyway I definitely don’t hate it, hibiscus just has a tendency to make my stomach hurt. :)

Butiki Teas

Sil-There is some vanilla in the bunny grahams. I didn’t add any vanilla flavoring but it does come through a little bit.

aaah that makes sense stacy.
amy – sorry it makes your tummy hurt! and man are there a lot of teas with hibby in it!

Comments

vanilla?

TeaBrat

Butiki Teas

aaah that makes sense stacy.

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around