drank Bungalow by Steven Smith Teamaker

This came with the black tea sampler I got from Steven Smith teas today…

I love darjeeling (at least the first flush) so I had some pretty high expectations about this. It’s a blend of 1st and 2nd flush teas and came in a sachet.

The instructions say to steep this for 5 minutes which seemed a bit excessive to me. I went for around 4 minutes.

The aroma of the wet leaf is woody and toasty and the tea liquor is a medium reddish brown. I’m definitely getting the nutty and toasty notes from this tea but the fruit /flower flavor seems to be eluding me. I was hoping for some muscatel which I’m not finding anywhere. For a darjeeling, it is very mellow and gentle.

Overall, it’s fairly good but nothing I would bother to keep in stock on a regular basis. If I was going to buy one teabag form of a blended darjeeling it would be Mighty Leaf’s version. Still I am glad I tried it!

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around