This teabag came in my black tea sampler from Steven Smith and it’s the last one I have yet to try. I admit I peeked at the reviews and it seems nobody is terribly impressed with it so far.

I didn’t want to steep this for too long because ceylons can go bitter rather quickly. My brewed tea color is a medium orangish brown.

I’m finding this to be rather smooth with a lot of brightness and citrus notes. It seemed to be there was some pungency and astringency in the finish I didn’t quite appreciate, although it is drinkable. Intense, yes. I prefer my ceylons to be more on the mellow side I guess.

This was a lot better with (soy)milk and sugar to temper the intensity. Not really destined to be a favorite of mine.