drank Imperial Label by Kusmi Tea

I just got an order with Kusmi and I decided to buy a whole 4 oz. tin of this blend – so I hope I like it!

One thing about Kusmi is their tins are beautiful, I just haven’t always beeen too impressed with their actual teas. This smells really good in the tin, I’m definitely picking up the citrus and licorice.

The directions on this blend say to steep for 4 -5 minutes which seems a bit long for a green tea, I assume they know what they’re talking about? I’m not keeping a close eye on my steeping time anyway (bad, Amy!)

Anyway my initial impression of this is it tastes somewhat like TANG – u know that artificial orange drink some of us had when we were kids. The licorice also keeps this pretty sweet but I’m not detecting a lot of vanilla, cinnamon is definitely present. Sea buckthorn – I have no idea what that is supposed to taste like but I guess it’s supposed to be high in antioxidants. I actually think I will like this much better as an iced tea.

I’m not sure how to rate this, the orange is super strong for me and at first I thought it was kind of gross but as I sit here and sip the cup I am warming up to it over time. This might be good mixed with some plain white tea or something else to temper it down a bit. Also steeping it for slightly less time would probably help.

I’m glad I tried it but not sure I need so much of it – oh well! One thing I can say for it is it seems very invigorating which will be cold to help beat the chilly fog.