drank Budou Green by Lupicia

This is one of the teas that came in the Lupicia summer grab bag and I was fairly certain I was going to hate this because generally I’m not a big fan of grape flavored anything.

The bag says to steep this in boiling water which I found to be kind of strange… I’ve never done that with a green tea. I believe mine was steeped around 180 F. This really smells like grape candy – the aroma is a little on the artificial side for me.

However, I was surprised by the flavor in this. It isn’t as obnoxious as I was fearing it would be. The package says “sweet and mellow” kyoto grapes and that’s an apt description in my opinion. It reminds me a bit of white grape juice but definitely isn’t overpowering. Mostly it’s sweet and fruity but I get a slightly sour aftertaste. It goes really well with the sencha. REALLY glad I don’t hate this since I have a whole bag of it, next up I might try cold brewing it, it could be really good that way.

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around