drank Hong Jing Luo by thepuriTea

I’m back from my travels and am no longer sick so that’s something to be grateful for – Happy New Year everyone!

This is a sample tin I got from the PuriTea. The dry leaf is in the shape coils, I think I’ve had a tea like this before called golden snail.

Package instructions say to steep this between 5 -7 minutes which seems like a lot, but I decided to go for 5 minutes. I got a very dark tea liquor that almost looks like coffee. This is definitely malty with some cocoa and strong tobacco notes in the finish. I can sense a bit of underlying sweetness but I think I would like this better steeped for a shorter amount of time so I will wait to rate it until I’ve had the chance to do that. It did seem to get slightly bitter at the longer temp.

Doug F

I went to look at their site but it looks like they went out of business. Oh well.

TeaBrat

Whoa – I wonder if that’s why they were offering free shipping for all of December? too bad, I liked their stuff!

Comments

Doug F

TeaBrat

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around