drank Paris Breakfast by Mariage Frères

Tea of the morning here…

I am not quite sure about this one. This was another one I got at Maison d’Etre yesterday. I wanted to try another MF tea and this just smelled so good in the tin, like tangerine candy of some sort. I am not quite sure about the flavor though. I get a lot of orange but also some bitterness. It’s difficult to tell if there’s bergamot in here or if the bitterness is due to the green tea in this blend. Instructions say to brew at 205 F and that’s about the temperature I used. I think I’ll try using a sightly lower steeping time to see if that makes a difference. For now I think it’s ok but considering the price I paid for it, it’s a bit of a let down.

Dustin

I green breakfast tea?! I thought they were only blacks! I have recently been enjoying MF’s French Breakfast tea, which was a surprise to me. I didn’t expect to like it, but got a sample anyway.
I think you may be right about adjusting the temp and time. I find MF teas to taste WAY better with short steeps.

Dustin

Wait a minute… you are in the Bay! Check out The Pasta Shop (I think it is in Berkeley). I was there a year and a half ago and they had 15-20 MF teas sold in bulk which is perfect for sampling before investing in a tin. They also sell tins and are next to Teance.

TeaBrat

It’s a black/green blend and thanks for the tip on the Pasta shop

Comments

Dustin

TeaBrat

It’s a black/green blend and thanks for the tip on the Pasta shop

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around