I have to say that I very much appreciate these samples from Teavivre. And yet when I open the envelopes from this white tea and other ones I am a bit taken aback. It’s packaging inside of packaging inside of a box. The sample sizes are very small and cute but they are individually wrapped and come inside of huge envelopes. I will not complain about the packaging anymore after this review but I felt it was a bit wasteful and this made me kind of sad. Not to say anything bad about Teavivre this is probably a standard industry practice I have not encountered here in the US.

Onto other notes, I do not drink white tea very often but I have been thinking about changing that, especially since I have read many nice things about their lower caffeine content and higher antioxidant quality. This was a great afternoon tea for me. It was very soft and subtle. Naturally and delicately sweet with a lingering of flowers. I felt very relaxed later and enjoyed the tasting very much. This may convince to me to get more interested in white tea in the future, it was certainly enjoyable.

CHAroma

I’m actually a fan of the double packaging. It keeps the tea really fresh, although you do have a point that it is probably a bit wasteful. Still, White Peony is my favorite white tea! It’s really quiet and relaxing.

TeaBrat

I just try to avoid excess packaging whenever possible. You will pretty much never catch me buying anything that’s individually wrapped in plastic and comes in another plastic bag.

Comments

CHAroma

TeaBrat

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around