drank Chocolate Chai by Rishi Tea

Prepared over the stove with traditional Indian manner, cooked with soymilk. My apartment smells great!

This does remind me a lot of hot chocolate and I am finding it tasty enough for my liking. There is lots of cardamom in here and also something slightly pungent (I assume the long pepper). I’m not a huge fan of mate so I’m finding that a bit distracting from the overall blend here. Overall this is very good and it definitely warming the frost from my Saturday morning as well as waking me up. :) I’m not sure I would buy it again but that’s also because I love the more traditional chai flavors.

ScottTeaMan

The “like” is for the Chai and the pepper in the Chai, but as much as I try to like it, I can’t seem to get mate (roasted) to work for me. At least the last time I tried it I wasn’t crazy about it. I still have 90% of the bag from years ago. Amy, have you tried to reduce steeping to 3 to 3.5 minutes? This could reduce the bitterness of the mate. OK….obviously I find mate bitter. :))

Comments

ScottTeaMan

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around