drank Vanilla Black by Rishi Tea

The smell of vanilla definitely hits you when you open the bag! I am reminded of vanilla ice cream. Organic, Fair Trade Certified tea, a definite bonus in my book.

I brewed this for 4 minutes using the water/leaf ratio that Rishi recommends. The brewed tea is a nice and simple way to start my morning. I drank this with some plain soymilk. The vanilla is still fairly strong in the nose but mild on the palate. The vanilla flavor is most strong in the finish of the tasting. I liked this but I do not think it is going on my list of things I must buy again but I’m also just not sure if vanilla tea is really my “thing”. I got a sample of the H & S Vanilla Black also so it will be interesting to try that one soon to compare.

ScottTeaMan

It’ll be interesting to see how they compare. IMHO it’s hard to find a good vanilla tea…….some vanilla tea tastes artificial.

Ninavampi

I agree… But I love a good vanilla tea!

ScottTeaMan

Haven’t had a good vanilla tea in a lloooong time.