drank Indian Spice by Harney & Sons

I was actually craving a chai today and then I forgot I had this little sample in my desk provided by the ever generous and lovely Jenn…

I think I learned something from my cinnamon spice experience with H & S, their flavor is strong so there is no need to overdo it. I believe I used about 1/2 tsb of this in 8 oz of hot water about 206 degrees.

This is a pretty good spicy chai type of tea. I did add my usual soymilk to mine and then after tasting it I felt the need to add some sugar which is kind of rare for me. On the website it says assam is used as the base for this. I am not picking up too much on the cinnamon or cardamom here and instead am getting a lot of clove and something else, I think perhaps it is black pepper. In any case, I like it but when it comes to chais I am partial to Rishi’s Masala Chai and West Cape Chai, they set the bar pretty high for me. :)

ScottTeaMan

I bought H & S Indian Spice tea a few yrs ago, and it is pretty good, I do remember the clove, but not so much the pepper (which I tend to like). The Masala Chai I have now is better than H & S-IMHO. ;)) The Assam H & S uses is like pellets- which tend to be stronger in nature. I ordered Tea from them 0n 9-7-11 and just checked their site, & they’ve raised their prices by .50 on the teas I saw. Oh well, such is life. They haven’t raised prices in 5-6 yrs. I check out the other Chai’s you mentioned too-I love Chai Tea!

ScottTeaMan

I was checking to see if Harney’s still had the Assam I ordered-Nahorhabi Estate- and they have some new Assams. I hope theyre not sold out formy next order.

Comments

ScottTeaMan

ScottTeaMan

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around