drank Organic Blue Nettle by Butiki Teas

I bought this recently with a few things from Butiki to try. I have to say I like this very much. For one thing the unique twisted shape of the leaves in this conical fashion is just fun to look at! An organic and free trade tea from Sri Lanka, also a bonus.

For another thing this has a lot of flavor for a green tea, I am definitely picking up some vegetal notes of artichoke and the like, but there is also a flavor here which is reminiscent of black tea, I had to make sure I washed my cups since I was a bit puzzled by this. Then I went on the internet and found some other reviews which said the same exact thing so no, it is not my imagination apparently.

I feel like I am getting a hint of smoke and dried fruit in the aftertaste here. Very complex and rich for a green tea. I recommend you try it if you are a fan of green teas. :) Definitely a keeper in my book.

I followed the instructions on the bag which was 180 F and 3 minutes, two cones for 8 oz of water.

ScottTeaMan

Amy, what other teas did you get from Butiki? I was just at their site and noticed their pistachio ice cream tea uses vegan certified flavoring. That Blue Nettle Puerh sure looks tempting. What to do? After Specialteas.com closed, I was looking for a company replacement…….not 3, or 4, or 5…………

TeaBrat

ha ha… I got the Purple kenya tea, the blue nettle and the Mao JIan – the greens were both good, I have not tried the Purple Kenya yet.

Charles Thomas Draper

I have 3 samples that I have to taste….

TeaBrat

@ Charles – what are they? :)

Green Jade, Purple Tea of Kenya and Gyokuro Superior

Comments

ScottTeaMan

Charles Thomas Draper

I have 3 samples that I have to taste….

TeaBrat

@ Charles – what are they? :)

Green Jade, Purple Tea of Kenya and Gyokuro Superior

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around