ooh! I had to break down and buy this after so many posts from JoonSusanna and others about it, I really wanted to try it.

I used water at about 205 and steeped this for around 4 minutes. The tin recommends 3 minutes but I lost track of time. I really like this a lot! It’s very robust and malty and yes, it does have a slight bit of “briskness”. I’m drinking this with soymilk and this has transformed the flavor into something caramely… I’m not sure if I could ever drink this plain, it’s pretty intense and BOLD. Of course I could also try lowering the steeping time which would probably help.

It’s one of those teas that reminds me of coffee. This is going to be great for foggy mornings or whenever I need a boost. Tasty! Yum!

ScottTeaMan

I bought this tea many years ago (ten?) and loved it. A great tea. :))

TeaBrat

it’s too bad I placed my order before the mug broke as I really do NOT need any more tea for a while! :))

ScottTeaMan

The Jenaer glass cup & saucer I have is 10.5 oz. Perfect for me because I don’t have to fill it up full, but I can if I want to. I may buy the Finum glass mug at some point.

JoonSusanna

YAY!! I’m SO glad you liked it!

I really like this with milk and sugar, but my boyfriend somehow drinks it plain and prefers it that way (I think it’s too bold when plain, as you said). I usually steep it for 4 minutes because of the additives, but it might be drinkable plain with that minute less on the steeping time. You’ll have to update me! :)

Comments

ScottTeaMan

I bought this tea many years ago (ten?) and loved it. A great tea. :))

TeaBrat

JoonSusanna

YAY!! I’m SO glad you liked it!

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around