These days I mostly gravitate towards japanese green tea but this quite an excellent Chinese green tea.

When I first tried steeping this I think I left some soap in my cup because I got a mouthful of dish soap and green tea – bleah!

When I finally got rid of my soap I steeped this at around 190F for 2 minutes per the instructions on the package. I just noticed another thing I like about Upton tea is they put the date on the bag of when the order was processed so at least you will know roughly how long you’ve had it.

When these leaves are steeped they are curly and turn shades of green and brown. It yields an amber liquor with a nice floral nose. The taste is nutty with a bit of spicy note. I can see why this is described as a green tea that has some of the flavors of black. It’s pretty unique, at least to me. I’m sure I will have no problems finishing this off. Mellow and earthy. If you’re not a fan of “grassy” green tea you would like this one… it also resteeps quite nicely.

ScottTeaMan

I don’t know how I missed this review, but it turns out I have this tea. I think it is in my tea box in the basement, so I haven’t gotten to it yet—-but I will!!

TeaBrat

Ah! You must have some and let us know what you think! :)

ScottTeaMan

You probably got the sale price. :)) I did not. :// I hopefully will order more Pre-Chingming teas in the Spring.

Comments

ScottTeaMan

TeaBrat

Ah! You must have some and let us know what you think! :)

ScottTeaMan

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around