yum, another sample from the Rare Tea Republic. This time it’s an Assam.

I steeped this for 3 minutes at 200 F with an infuser ball and am drinking out of a glass irish coffee mug – guess what? It works great for tea too! ;-)

This tea brews up to be a beautiful dark reddish color. It’s a delicious assam. Normally I would take these with milk but today I am trying without. The thing that predominately hits your nose and your mouth upon tasting is MALT, glorious MALT! Then you get chocolate followed by a bit of fruitiness with a bit of tannins in the finish. A very good assam indeed. I think I prefer this with milk (or in my case, soy milk) but it is quite delicious.