drank Assam Gold Rain by Teavana

I found this one just okay – for one thing if you use boiling water it becomes very bitter and undrinkable. So I am learning more about assams and darjeelings lately and I steeped this one for 4 minutes at round 200 F and it is better.

This has a very pleasant cocoa nose and for me the flavor is predominately fruity with a big tannin kick at the end. I did wish a bit for some more malt and it still seems bitter to me even at the lower temp. I’ve had a few other assams that I liked much better so I figure it’s the tea (and not me) It will be finished off eventually with some soymilk and stuff added to it, but if anyone would like to try it please let me know. :)

The DJBooth

I found this one very good too. It could be a daily brew for but it is one they are discontinuing I think.

TeaBrat

Eh, it’s not a great assam so I’m not surprised it’s being discontinued.