drank Wuyi Oolong by Rishi Tea

This was another tea I got for Christmas from my brother and am just getting around to trying it now.

I decided I was going to use my xi ying teapot for wuyi oolongs only. I think the clay teapot really enhances this tea for some reason. I steeped mine for about 60 seconds and this first steep is reminiscent of toasted grains, there is a lingering sweetness and also a plummy/raisin-y fruit quality.

Second steep is about the same as the first – it’s a good tea but doesn’t rank up super high in terms of unique or intense flavors like some other wuyis I’ve had. Still. I wouldn’t mind having this around as an everyday sort of tea. In the future I might let the steeps go a bit longer to see what I end up with.