drank Rose Green Tea by Kusmi Tea

Rather than go through work emails after vacation, I’m sitting here with a new cup of tea and browsing steepster. It’s about all my brain can handle right now.

While I was in Canada, I stumbled upon this great little tea shop and simply had to pick up a sampler pack. These tiny tins are adorable. I think I prepared it right, since the directions are in metric units; regardless, this is a tasty cup of tea.

The leaves have a sort of musty rose scent, not at all what I expected. I’ve only had rose tea in black, not green, so I was a little surprised when I opened the tin. The tea steeps up really light, too; I almost thought I hadn’t used enough leaves (have to guess what 3g is in teaspoons) or I didn’t do it long enough. But I certainly did. It’s definitely a green tea, but has almost a subtle smokey taste to it. As it cools it’s slightly sweeter, but I wouldn’t necessarily call it sweet. It’s just not… intense.

For someone who’s still downing the same mint green tea she bought from Teavana eons ago (why did I buy so much?), this is a nice change of pace. Still my trusty green, but the rose really adds a unique flavor to it.

Angrboda

If I recall correctly 3g should be around a heaped teaspoon or so.

Angela

ha! I was a little short, then… some online converter said it was about half a teaspoon, though it’s impossible to scoop such a small amount. Good to know, thanks!

Angrboda

I measured it once. Half a teaspoon sounds weird to me, but then tea leaves are pretty large and would have a lot of air between them so they’d fill more, which something like, say, sugar wouldn’t, so maybe it’s not completely off.

Angela

Yeah my “half a teaspoon” was basically a teaspoon anyway, when I considered all the dead space in there :P

Angrboda

You were probably all right then. :)

Comments

Angrboda

If I recall correctly 3g should be around a heaped teaspoon or so.

Angrboda

You were probably all right then. :)

um, I like tea. But know nothing about it. And this is why I’m here.

Other various interests include books; video games; photography. I am a well-rounded, intelligent individual, as you can tell.

New York