This was my first time trying this variety of tea. The dry leaves looked quite green, so I was afraid to use boiling water and did the first infusion for 4 minutes at 190F. The result was light and definitely floral. There was none of the bitter or toasty or buttery flavors others have noted, just floral. Almost like a jasmine oolong, except much lighter. The leaves hadn’t opened up at all after this, so I decided to do the second with boiling water for 5 minutes. This came out much better. The leaves opened up completely; there was even an complete, full leaf in there. The tea was stronger, and still floral but definitely had some of the toasty/buttery flavor. I did boiling water for 7 minutes for the third infusion and it came out much like the first. I wanted to try one more, so I did boiling water for 10 minutes, and it actually came out a little better than the previous.
Next time I make this, I’m going to try using a bit more dry leaf and boiling water for all infusions (possibly starting with a rinse). I’d like to see at least two full-flavored infusions.