Hell yeah, baby. A lil’ bit of that SXHC and you’re good to go.

The dry leaf is medium-sized and black. Some broken pieces. It smells mineral and has a slight earthiness, showing its 2 years maturity. The wet leaf smell is even earthier.

No rinse, that would be a waste. This tea evokes the image of finding forgotten cigars, aging in an abandoned basement, mysterious and smoky. Thick like the dust floating in the air. Bitter like forgotten memories. It has a slightly floral finish, like a flower growing through the cracks in the basement floor, or a single ray of light coming from above. The aftertaste lingers and lingers, haunting you as it slowly fades. This isn’t an easy going tea by any means. This is a thick, complex work of art. Drink slowly. It’s beautiful in a twisted way. As for the cha qi from this tea, just note my gradual change of mood. Note that this is their “cheap” cliff tea.

Flavors: Bitter, Mineral, Smoke, Wet Earth, Wood

0 OZ / 0 ML
Sarsonator

Nice review! Love the descriptions!

Cwyn

Been looking at Shui Xian but don’t know where to start.

yyz

Great review.

thanks everyone!

Cwyn: Try Jing Tea Shop. I haven’t had their Shui Xian but their other cliff teas are fantastic.

Cwyn

Will do! Thanks! I just started drinking Yancha and it is a soothing, and tasty, alternative to shou when I need a break from sheng.

apt

JTS also has excellent whites, dancongs, and I’ve heard good things about their puer.

Tea Drunk

I don’t think we could possibly love this review more. “Bitter like forgotten memories.” Priceless! Would you mind if I quoted you on our product listing for this tea? :)

hahaha go ahead!

thanks!

Uh $125??

apt

thats for an ounce of the 1997 shui xian. i have the 2012 shui xian, i got it for $14 an ounce.

Comments

Sarsonator

Nice review! Love the descriptions!

Cwyn

Been looking at Shui Xian but don’t know where to start.

yyz