drank Random Steepings by Various Artists

Taking a caffeine break and steeping a tea I bought from some cheap Chinese ebay shop. Who knows what pesticides and what not are contaminating this, but I’m drinking it anyway because its cheap and I like the thrill and danger of cheap ebay tea. Did a 20 second rinse in cold water before steeping though.

Steeped 6 bright red rose buds /just/ between bud stage and fully open flower stage. They are smaller like buds, but are not tightly close/unopened.

Steep 1: Very fragrant and floral. I would describe it as distinctly rose, but one of the extremely fragrant older varieties. The heritage breeds aren’t always as pretty as the new hybrids, but sometimes you can’t beat a flower bred for hardiness and smell alone.

Steep 2: red apple, floral rose

Steep 2: perfume “rose” taste (artificial), mildly vegetal

Really, really tasty. It also tastes a lot different than a rose bud tea I bought from GrandTea. My other one is also fragrant and rose-scented, but different. I guess each variety of rose will taste different.

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Perfume, Red Apple, Rose

190 °F / 87 °C 2 min, 45 sec 4 g 14 OZ / 400 ML

I think I speak for everyone here when I say tea is one of the greatest luxuries in life.

I am a biochem major hoping for a career in research genetics and evolutionary biology. I love science fiction and spend too much of my time reading comic books.

I drink mostly flavoured and low caffeine teas/tisanes, but I will try anything twice. As far as pure teas go, I gravitate towards whites, yellows, and unroasted oolongs. I’m always open for trades and sample sale/exchanges. Message me any time :)

Favourite flavours/ingredients:
Rum, clove, cardamom, lychee, floral, milk/creamy, malt, hay, rice/grain, toasty, dessert/food flavours, cocoa/chocolate, earthy, decaf or no caffeine, very unusual flavours

Favourite tea types
Decaf teas (any variety), Yellow, Oolong, Purple (any processing method, I’m just trying to learn more about the flavour of this varietal), white, Black, Pu’erh (with no bitterness at all)

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Acidic fruity herbals (too much hibiscus/rosehip), sour/tart, usually melon, sometimes tangerine, grapefruit, bitter, astringent, smokey, charcoal roasted oolongs, sickly sweet (too much chicory, cinnamon, or licorice root), gunpowder, high caffeine, yerba mate, mushroom/fungus, I seem to get a stomach ache from stevia

Hit List (would like to buy)
Cease and Desist! – 52 Teas
Red Leaf flavoured matchas
Everything from Whispering Pines
Golden Monkey – Teavana
French Toast – Liquid Proust
Mad Snikerdoodle – Mad Hat Tea Company
Amoda, Banff Tea Co, and Algonquin Tea Co.
Archeopteryx Feathers – Tea-Historic