For some reason the dry leaves smell like Lifesaver’s Wintergreen Mints to me, (which I love,) yet root beer at the same time. Maybe those flavors both have similar chemical makeups or something. Or I’m just really strange. Has root beer always smelled/tasted like wintergreen? Hmmmm…
Instead of using the whole ice tea packages I use 1 tsp per 12 ounces of water. (Normally I use 1 to 1½ tsp of tea per 8 ounces of water but these are quite strong.) I steeped 2 teaspoons of tea in 24 ounces of water. I left half out and put half in the refrigerator to chill. I had a feeling I’d enjoy this hot because I’m weird like that. But who says root beer flavor can’t be enjoyed hot. I used to eat those A&W root beer barrel candies when I was little, and those weren’t cold.
Stirred in some brown sugar. This is actually pretty good. I bet it’d be nice with a splash of cream, but I’m all out. Why am I all out, you ask? Oh, just because my boyfriend accidentally threw the rest of the bottle of cream all over the kitchen, AND me. It looked like the set of a “Got Milk?” photo shoot.

This is great iced. Mmmm!

Cofftea

Cream? Yeah, ICE cream! :) I love making mine in just enough boiling water to cover the leaves, then topping it off w/ carbonated water… and of course a scoop of ice cream.

JoonSusanna

OMG – I sort of do the reverse – I have this wintergreen gum that to me tastes like root beer. Maybe they are just similar like that? Or our tastebuds are similar, or something. :)

Ashley Bain

Cofftea – I was wondering if carbonated water would work well with tea. I will definitely have to try that. I already sometimes use ice cream as creamer! haha.

JoonSusanna – Interesting!

Cofftea

Haha, I use ice cream as creamer more in coffee, but yes, definitely would be good in this. I saw rootbeer flavored milk in the store the other day- that would be good to add to this!

Comments

Cofftea

JoonSusanna