drank BetTEA's Blend by 52teas

My order from 52 teas came on Friday after 3 weeks of waiting, but I had a bad cold so I couldn’t smell or taste anything! I am finally feeling better today and have my sense of taste back so I couldn’t wait to try out some of the teas. This one is first because it’s 9:00 at night and the rest of my order is caffeinated.
There are no brewing instructions on the bag which is fine because I never follow them anyway, so I threw 2 teaspoons of this stuff in my steeper with 12 oz of water, what can I say, I like my tea strong.
I’ve never had a honeybush base tea before so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I ordered this because I’m on a mission to find the perfect pear tea and I can always use decaf teas as I have a strict no caffeine after 5pm policy. I also liked the sound of the pear blended with vanilla.
I must have over leafed because the tea turned dark brown instantly when I added the water, so I only let it steep 3 or 4 mins. The first few sips while the tea was still hot were pretty uneventful. I didn’t taste much besides the honeybush. As it cools I’m getting more flavour, but I can’t say it’s a pear flavour, just a fruity flavour with a honeybush aftertaste. I know Frank only uses organic natural flavours but the flavour isn’t all that natural tasting. I am going to play around with the amounts and times a bit to see if that makes a difference.
This isn’t a bad tea, it’s actually quite pleasant, but not something I would purchase again if it was re-blended. I might even include this in a swap down the road if it doesn’t get better for me.

Lala

For myself, I have the best luck with Frank’s teas when brewing 2 min 30 sec at less than boiling.

Comments

Lala

I didn’t drink a lot of tea growing up, just the red rose my nana would make me with about 3 teaspoons of sugar added to it. I started getting into loose leaf tea about a decade ago when I visited our local tea house and tried Rooibos for the first time, though I only drank it on occasion. I didn’t get serious about it until David’s tea came to town. I was on a diet and wanted something I could drink without sugar that had a lot of flavours to choose from.

I prefer black teas, but oolong and green come in a close second. White and guayusa are in the middle, while mate, rooibos and herbals are at the bottom of my list.

Likes: banana, jasmine, pumpkin, lychee, blueberry, chocolate
Dislikes: orange, ginger, rose, hibiscus, butterscotch, honeybush

My non-tea related interests are music, camping, poker, softball, snowboarding, biology and animals. I have 2 dogs and they are my whole life.

Prince George, BC