This tea sounded so good, but I didn’t order this with my last Butiki order because I am not the biggest green tea fan. If it is vegetal at all, I don’t want it, and I haven’t had the best luck with Butiki green teas. So I asked for a sample of this instead so I could try it.

I am IMPRESSED. I am thinking Stacey was running out of this as my sample was tiny and she gave me almond indulgence as a third sample. I only made about a half cup which I think might have been too much water because it is quite weak but I am still getting all of the flavours. Strawberry is the main flavour and it is very candy like, but I am also getting a hint of ginger. The green tea doesn’t seem to be vegetal at all and I’m hoping that’s not because of how weak this is. Either way, I will be ordering this with my next Butiki order.

Butiki Teas

Actually, that is our recommended serving size. I’ve found that you don’t need much of the tea but that might just be my preference. The extra samples was just a bonus. :)

Comments

Butiki Teas

I didn’t drink a lot of tea growing up, just the red rose my nana would make me with about 3 teaspoons of sugar added to it. I started getting into loose leaf tea about a decade ago when I visited our local tea house and tried Rooibos for the first time, though I only drank it on occasion. I didn’t get serious about it until David’s tea came to town. I was on a diet and wanted something I could drink without sugar that had a lot of flavours to choose from.

I prefer black teas, but oolong and green come in a close second. White and guayusa are in the middle, while mate, rooibos and herbals are at the bottom of my list.

Likes: banana, jasmine, pumpkin, lychee, blueberry, chocolate
Dislikes: orange, ginger, rose, hibiscus, butterscotch, honeybush

My non-tea related interests are music, camping, poker, softball, snowboarding, biology and animals. I have 2 dogs and they are my whole life.

Prince George, BC