drank Mango Shade by Silk Road

This is the last tea from my silk road order that I am trying. I guess my expectations for this tea were low as the reviews and ratings were quite low. This tea blew me away! The mango flavour was so fresh and natural as I find with all silk road teas, but it was quite muted. I could have used a little bit more flavour, but it was still really good! I took a few sips of this to make sure that adding milk was an option and that it wouldn’t curdle and it was even better with milk in it! Mmmmmmm creamy mango. I swear most things are better creamy!

I didn’t drink a lot of tea growing up, just the red rose my nana would make me with about 3 teaspoons of sugar added to it. I started getting into loose leaf tea about a decade ago when I visited our local tea house and tried Rooibos for the first time, though I only drank it on occasion. I didn’t get serious about it until David’s tea came to town. I was on a diet and wanted something I could drink without sugar that had a lot of flavours to choose from.

I prefer black teas, but oolong and green come in a close second. White and guayusa are in the middle, while mate, rooibos and herbals are at the bottom of my list.

Likes: banana, jasmine, pumpkin, lychee, blueberry, chocolate
Dislikes: orange, ginger, rose, hibiscus, butterscotch, honeybush

My non-tea related interests are music, camping, poker, softball, snowboarding, biology and animals. I have 2 dogs and they are my whole life.

Prince George, BC