drank Pu-erh Classic by Rishi Tea

I have been getting nervous because I am getting low on puerh tea and lately I have been craving it. I saw this on sale at Whole Foods tonight and grabbed it. I am not sorry I bought it, but I probably won’t buy it again. It would be great for people who are a little afraid of puerh, but I like the stuff!

On the plus side, there is no fishy odor to this one. On the minus side, they call for a whole tablespoon of tea to eight ounces of water and a five minute steep. At those parameters, I would expect this to have more flavor. It was good but not great. Earthy, yes, but I am not getting the saddle leather, mushrooms, or horse farm notes I love!

I really like their double lidded tins and always reuse them, but with puerh such packaging isn’t necessary. Puerh does best with a wee bit of circulation. I also like that this is fair trade and I like how they do business, I just wish I really loved this tea.