drank Pu-erh Classic by Rishi Tea

Several weeks ago I added a whole vanilla beam, cut up, to a little over a half tin of this to see if that would jazz it up. I was concerned that it would be too much, but to my surprise there is little vanilla aroma now.

I washed the leaves this time and made it western style, which I think was a mistake. I think it would be better without the rinse when making it this way. Our first impression…this is a bit weak. But then I was chomping away on my celery and took a sip and suddenly I could taste the vanilla in it. Though still a bit weak, it is passable with food.

I won’t buy this tea again, but I am sure I can finish the tin without too much heartache now. When this is gone, I want to try some of the puerhs AmyOh has been reviewing and order a LOT of Teavivre’s tuo cha!

I think I will also look into the puerh at Tin Roof Teas. They only had loose, but it did smell good and there was no fishy aroma at all.