I was surprised to find out from my neighbor that our Vitamin Shop carries Numi and Rishi tea. I thought I had to drive an hour and a half to get it! He gave me a box of this tea today.

The tasting conditions were not perfect. I was absolutely starving and my friend had come over to do yoga. She loves puerh, so I made a pot. So there was talking and starving going on. I used three teabags for a 22 ounce Beehouse pot and man was it ever dark! It was also very good. This was rich and leathery. I resteeped and made a second pot and it was a little milder, almost as dark, but every bit as good, maybe better.

My neighbor has never tried puerh. I am really interested in seeing his reaction since he has liked the greens I have taken him.

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina