drank Golden Imperial Lotus by Teavana

I received this tea in a swap from Missy and Dylan. (You have no idea how excited I was to find out how to make bold print. It is ridiculous how “techie” I feel.)

I have reached that very special age where things with small print have to get further and further from the face to be read. I thought my eyes were worse than I knew as I puzzled over the label on this one. Finally I called my youngest over and asked her to help me with the label. Yes, it said Golden Imperial Lotus. Yes, it said Teavana. But did it really say, “OMG! Tarantulas!”? LOL! She confirmed that indeed it did!

Opening the package, I get it! These are little hand-tied bundles of gold and brown tea leaves like Golden Mudan which used to be sob! carried by Harney and Sons. Cute! They said you don’t have to use a strainer but I did. I may try it without next time.

I tossed three spiders in my pot, poured boiling water over, and steeped for four minutes. The aroma is one of the greatest strengths of this tea. It is rich and thick and molasses-y. :) The taste is so smooth. There is no astringency or bitterness. It has medium body and could really have been steeped longer I think without doing any harm to the taste. The liquor itself is orange/ amber and mine was the tiniest bit cloudy like an Assam, and there is a light malty note as well though this certainly doesn’t taste like an Assam.

I think this is probably the same thing as Golden Mudan which I loved. Too bad I missed out on the sale! A big thank you to Missy and Dylan. I will definitely be resteeping this!

Dylan Oxford

You’re welcome! Sorry, my handwriting isn’t the best :)

ashmanra

Your handwriting was great! My eyes are a little dicey, and it was just so unexpected to see " tarantulas" on the label I thought I surely must be mistaken! :) I wasn’t though! My oldest daughter hates spiders. I don’t know if this tea would make her feel like an avenging angel or if she would run! Youngest goes spider fishing with pine straw in the yard and when she gets a goodly number of them she brings them in (!!!) and takes pictures of them. They are bigger than the tea tarantulas!

Missy

I’m glad you enjoyed it! It’s one of my favorites as well.

Missy

I am so going to have to try spider fishing. I used to have a pet tarantula. They really aren’t as bad as they look. There is no fur as soft as the urticating hairs on a tarantula. Of course if you get the business end of them they won’t be so pleasant.

ashmanra

LOL! I will see if I can link some of her pics soon. She loves to bring in a tub full of wolf spiders.

Comments

Dylan Oxford

You’re welcome! Sorry, my handwriting isn’t the best :)

Missy

I’m glad you enjoyed it! It’s one of my favorites as well.

ashmanra

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina