drank Queen Catherine by Harney & Sons

Long day at the polls yesterday. Got up at four am to get ready and to load precinct supplies. Set up at 5:30 am, opened at 6:30 am. Five hundred people came in, closed at 7:30 pm, and finished packing up and delivering supplies back at 9:15 pm.

This morning, getting to stay at home for several extra hours, was especially serene. It is completely overcast and not as blazing hot, so a pot of tea after breakfast was very appealing. I chose the Queen, my faithful friend and encourager, comforting and fortifying pal, to get me ready for the rest of this day! Wonderful stuff, and I drank the whole pot by myself. No additions. This is such a classic and versatile black tea.

Janefan

As an NC resident who voted yesterday, I’d like to thank you for all your hard work!

Thank you, Janefan!

gmathis

Does that represent heavy turnout? I got kinda tickled at our first local election in our new burg - nearly 100 people showed up according to the nice election ladies; a record!

ashmanra

Not really heavy turnout but about what I expected. I think that is about one-third of our precinct. Do you think someday we will receive a unique code and just text in our votes? LOL!

Bonnie

Seems appropriate, politics and the Queen!

Comments

Janefan

Thank you, Janefan!

gmathis

Bonnie

Seems appropriate, politics and the Queen!

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina