drank Grapefruit Green by Lupicia

I got this in a swap a long while back. Why haven’t I tasted this yet? Many thanks to SimplyJen … At least, I am pretty sure that is who sent it!

The aroma of the dry leaves is fantastic. The citrus-y grapefruit smell makes your mouth water in anticipation, and I am almost sure my eye kept winking expecting a squirt. This is a very bright aroma.

The smell of the liquor is still fruity, but I really smell the green tea now. I was surprised that it said to steep this with boiling water, but I have had a few other greens that call for it so I found my courage and followed through.

The result? This is a really great cup of tea! I was a little apprehensive of it, afraid it might be bitter from either the base OR the fruit! LOL! But it isn’t bitter at all! Lupicia seems to do tea right. This is very tasty. This is first and foremost green tea, then nicely balanced with the grapefruit taste and aroma.

K S: for some reason this is bringing to m ind the excellent Earl Grey Green you sent to me. Makes sense, as both are a green base and both are citrus flavored.

Bottom line: this is delicious, and even better than expected! Thank you, Jen, for letting me try this!

K S

This sounds really good. With grapefruit in the name I would just look past this in a web store. I always assume the fruit flavor is going to overwhelm the tea. Your review makes me realize I need to be a liitle more open. I have a lot of years drinking bagged RoT and Stash tea to overcome.

ashmanra

K S: see note on next tasting for how it changed!

SimplyJenW

Yep it was me! So glad you liked it. (I have just returned from vacay…much catching up to be done!)

Comments

K S

ashmanra

K S: see note on next tasting for how it changed!

SimplyJenW

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina