drank Imperial Breakfast by Verdant Tea

I received this in a swap and I am 99% sure it came from The Purrfect Cup! I received two swaps in the mail that day and tore them open in a frenzied passion and may have mixed samples from the two envelopes!

When I opened the pouch, I had not looked it up yet, and seeing the golden tips immediately thought that this must be a typical breakfast blend with lots of Assam. But the smell of the package was sweet, almost dessert-like, so off I went to look up what steeping parameters were being used.
That is when I saw what the blend was. Hmmmm. Very unusual.

I love it when I can drink something with no additions and be happy with it. I feel better about taking in fewer calories (that is how I justify my almost nightly home-made chocolate shake – LOL!) and I have heard you absorb more antioxidants without milk added. I tried this plain, and behold! This was really great just as it is!

The aroma of the cup was cocoa-y, but the sip was full of dark oolong! I didn’t taste the puerh but their description says it is there to settle the stomach, and no doubt it adds some early-morning-get- you-going heft to the cup. There was no fish or horse farm aroma at all from the puerh, and I can really use early morning stomach settling instead of irritating it right off the bat!

This was good, and if you like breakfast blends and want something with heft (not too hefty) without resorting to builder’s tea and you aren’t married to the idea of Assam in your breakfast blend, this is an excellent choice. The oolong adds all the presence and body that is often lent by Assams in these blends and it lacks nothing. I drank the whole pot already. LOL! This is definitely worth buying, and makes breakfast pretty special.

Thank you, The Purrfect Cup!

Bonnie

I agree this is a smart blend with that puerh health bonus thst is toned way down for those who may prefer it that way.

ashmanra

I like it very much! It is nice and bracing, and tastes special…not like a default breakfast tea.

What is builder’s tea?

Hesper June

Missy, I think it is a really strong tea that the hardworking blue collar type men would drink.
Please correct me if I am wrong…
This sounds like a lovely morning tea, Ashmanra!

ashmanra

That is correct, Hesper June! It is a slang British expression. Something like PG Tips or Tetley brewed long and strong and typical of something a workman would drink on break or for breakfast to fortify himself for hours of hard labor. It is mentioned in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, and is indirectly the reason why Judy Dench’s character gets hired for her job! There is a wiki entry explaining it, too.

And it IS a lovely tea to wake up, too! I drank the whole sample today! I need to taste some Rogers of Verdant’s offerings and put together an order.

Hesper June

Good. I thought I had heard the expression before:)
Usually, I like a gentle wakeup tea.
But, sometimes (for me, anyway) a Builder’s tea is necessary for some mornings.
It has its place;)

Missy

Thanks for the info. :D Sounds robust and bold like one that will grab ya by the chest hairs and shake.

Kittenna

Ahahaha Missy that makes me laugh! And sounds rather painful :P

Missy

lol well it would wake a person right up. ;)

Hesper June

Certainly the kind of waking up I need some mornings:)

Comments

Bonnie

What is builder’s tea?

Hesper June

Please correct me if I am wrong…
This sounds like a lovely morning tea, Ashmanra!

Hesper June

Good. I thought I had heard the expression before:)
Usually, I like a gentle wakeup tea.
But, sometimes (for me, anyway) a Builder’s tea is necessary for some mornings.
It has its place;)

Kittenna

Ahahaha Missy that makes me laugh! And sounds rather painful :P

Missy

lol well it would wake a person right up. ;)

Hesper June

Certainly the kind of waking up I need some mornings:)

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina